Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ballet Reflection #5

This Monday was my first class in two weeks, and none of the other students showed up, so I had a pricate class. It was very nice, because the teacher was able to focus on fine-tuning some smaller things that might need work; for example, she helped me with my plies in fifth position and my arabesques. She taught me some new steps (the names of which I cannot remember), and I notice that they are getting significantly harder. The steps she taught me were reminiscent of figure skating, which I took for several years when I was younger. I noticed that I have improved a lot on my shenae turns, staying in a straight line as I twirl and not getting too dizzy. I also have become much more flexible; I can go down further in a split than I have ever been able to before, and I started doing my barre stretches with my foot on the taller barre. It was an exhausting class, because I was working consistently and the teacher was focusing on me getting things exactly right. I am still seeing a lot of progress in my ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment