Friday, October 9, 2009

Ballet Reflection #4

As the weeks go by, the difficulty of what I learn in ballet goes up and up. I am amazed that this is only my fourth lesson, because every week we seem to progress into more and more complex steps. This class I noticed that my shenae turns are getting much better; I don't end up so dizzy, and I move across the floor in a far more straight line. I also notice that I am much more flexible when we do our stretches against the bar, and my leg will move much further up. Today we started to make the basic things more complicated; for example, adding plies into some of the moves, and speeding up our frappes. We also learned some new and more complex footwork. It was hard to keep up with, but I almost take that as a god thing because it shows that I am attaining a level of greater difficulty. My legs have been sore ever since the lesson, and my arms as well; I have been much better at holding my arms the right way, which is an exhausting thing to do. All in all, I am excited that we are doing so many new, complicated things, and I am definitely getting stronger and more flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment