Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Handmade for the Holidays #2

Over the week I didn't get to finish my hat, but I made scarves with my mom out of polar fleece. It was too bad that I did not get to finish -- I thought I would be able to do the hat and scarves, but I didn't have enough time to meet my goals. That was too bad, but I did my best I could with my time and I was able to give 3 scarves to the project. I also inspired my mom to make some scarves, which she wouldn't have done if I hadn't been. So, I was able to make more of an impact because I got others involved in the project. I don't know what the final number of donations they got total, but when I was at the after-party there was a significantly large pile of clothes that I was able to stack my scarves on to. It was stressful trying to knit things for the homeless on top of my schoolwork and other interests, but it was really worth it in the end. I got to meet a lot of interesting, artistic people at the final "party' when everyone came together and gave their crafts, and it was nice to know that my scarves will be keeping somebody warm on cold days and nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment