Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lithuanian Spaghetti Supper #1

So for the Lithuanian Spaghetti supper, I performed for entertainment and I am contributed a desert to the cause. Because it was a brief space of time between when I volunteered and when I had to perform, I had to think up a setlist quite quickly, and as I indicated in my proposal, I wanted to sing songs that wouldn't detract from the seriousness of what Liz was trying to do. Not that people shouldn't have fun at these events, but I think it would be kind of unethical for me to do something that would draw all attention away from the importance of the cause, raising money for Lithuanian orphans. My tentative setlist was:
"He Wrote" by Laura Marling
"Don't Be Angry" by The Organ
"In This Hole" by Cat Power
"Blackberry Stone" by Laura Marling
"A Tramway Lullaby" by myself
"My Manic and I" by Laura Marling
Altogether, I think that these are songs that the audience would enjoy, but aren't so cheery and peppy that the audience will forget while they're there. All of these songs are introspective and thoughtful -- hopefully in listening to them, the audience might think a bit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment