Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ballet Reflection #1

Monday was my first ballet class at the conservatory, and I thought it went really well for a first lesson. There is only one other woman in the class, with whom I get along, so the teacher is able to really focus on how we are doing compared to in a larger class. We learned a lot for the first day, probably more than 10 or 15 different things: I don't remember all the names, but there were first position and plies, second position and plies, deep plies, ballet stretches, arabesques and piques, among many other things. It was a lot to take in for a first lesson, and by the end of it my legs were quite sore (but in a good way). The two person class is moving quite quickly since there are so few of us and we are both picking it up quickly. There isn't much to say, except that I learned a lot of things, far more than I would expect for the first lesson, and managed to work up a sweat. I have been practicing my balance and different moves since Monday, and I am quite excited for my next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment