Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ballet Reflection #2

In this week's class, we continued to progress very quickly. The beginning of the lesson was dedicated to reviewing some of the things we had learned before, basics such as positions and plies, arabesques, and stretches, etc. The next three-quarters of the lesson was spent learning more complicated steps and moves. For example, we learned how to leap in arabesque and different complicated spins, as well as improving our positioning and footwork. I was surprised by how easily the harder things from last week came to me when I tried them again, and also at how easily I was able to pick up the more complicated steps this time. I also tired less easily in this class, possibly partially because I practiced during the week. I think that I am making good progress in ballet, and am looking forward to the next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment