Friday, March 19, 2010

DI Reflection #4

This week was a bit of a shake-up for our skit and team, because we decided that we had to change our concept in the interest of time. Now our skit is set in a school, and is about a boy who undergoes a "flip" in perspective when he realizes that being popular isn't everything. We tried to make do with what work we had done, but the shingled detective's office as it was was not going to pass as a school. We spent the meeting dismantling the shingles and repainting the fabric on that side a brick color. This was a bit discouraging for me, but we were at least able to keep some of our older set pieces: for example, we re-painted the tree we had made out of paper towels a more coppery color after we painted the side of the set red. Next week we will continue to work on making the set look more school-like, and it's a bit frustrating to have all that work undone, but nothing else can really be done about it. I am at least grateful that I have the rest of the team to help me, which is good since I am not usually a team-work person and prefer to do things independently. I think that this at least shows my growth as a collaborator, because in the past I probably would have insisted on doing all the set things alone. However, I have help doing the art this time, and it makes things much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment