Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ballet Reflection #13

This class was another good one, and I was able to see progress in my ability to do more complex moves. I successfully did a pirouette, which is the most difficult ballet maneuvres according to my teacher. It involves the combination of a number of techniques: the dancer starts in fourth position and moves to passe while on demi (tiptoe), spins around and lands in fifth. Balance is very important, and after this class I have decided that what I need most is to work on my balance. For the most part, my balance is good, but I find that sometimes when I am on demi while balancing on one leg I can't stay in place for long. So, I have my task to improve on for next week. Other than that, I have noticed that I am definitely much more physically fit; I don't get tired over the one and a half hours that I am running around, jumping and twirling. I am also much better at splits. I cannot do one yet, but I am much closer than I was when I started the class and I have noticed generally that I am much more flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment